Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

"It" has set me free, :)


Right now, I have this feeling of satisfaction with my life and it has truly been a long time coming. However, so much has happened in my life since my last post and I have taken a different turn in my life once again but this time I am sticking to it and you will understand what I mean by the end of this post. Let me warn you in advance, this post is kind of a little on the lengthy side you can rest assure that you will sit back and enjoy it!  :)

For starters, if you do not know I have been in college since 2006 and there have been times where I have questioned myself about if it is really worth all the time and efforts of traditional college verse my initial plan of self-education. Oh! Not to mention all the student loans. Nonetheless, I have to admit that my choice to continue so far in college has been based on what people think but in the end, I become dissatisfied with myself, my education and at times my life. So after all this time, I have did a lot of research and my conclusion is kind of in the middle. But in the meantime I am going to share my interesting findings!

Well, self-education is similar to a traditional education, however, you choose what and how and when you learn based on your terms. For example, per say I want to learn and master the subject of Math. I would have to have a goal and that must be detailed to start with, this is the based work on almost everything in life to start with. So in order for me to master it I would have to find all the resources to do so. That is the one thing that teachers and professors do for us. However, I must include that in no way what so ever am I talking down to the teachers or professors in our world as I have always been inspired by the ones that I have been blessed to have in my education. Not to forget but un-schooling is the process a person does to change all the habits and what not that they have picked up throughout years of their traditional education, so when you begin self-education you will not think you cannot reach for the stars, in other words. Weather the person have been an “A” student or an “F” student, they can reach for the stars. According to many reliable sources, that is the main issue with an traditional education, you are between failing and a perfect student.

Okay, so now that I laid that on the table, I really have a sense of relieve and a lot of weight have been lifted.

So Even though, everyone that I have talked this over with said that I should just give myself a few month and then follow my dreams, I feel otherwise, so after I post this I am going to take my research to higher level and figure out what I really want to learn and put a plan together. I will update very soon if not later on today. :)

Well I guess I am going to leave it off here and I will be back later to entertain!

 

~Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment